Many residential home owners in the Jacksonville and Northeast Florida area select durable, distinctive and decorative, metal roofing for their home.
Often business owners also choose metal roofing for their commercial roofing projects, which include office buildings, apartments, condos, and townhouses.
Contact Galaxy Builders for a FREE Roof Inspection, Consultation, and Estimate. If a new roof, re-roof, or roof-over project is needed, our roofing representative can provide you with the information that you need to select the metal roofing system to protect your home for years to come.
- A metal roof is unaffected by the hot and cold, and wet and dry weather cycles that break down other roofing materials.
- Metal roofing is ecologically friendly, already composed of 25% to 40% recycled material, and having a recyclable content as much as 100%.
- Metal roofing material is noncombustible, providing additional fire protection for homes.
- Actually, metal roofing does not make a roof more susceptible to lightning strikes. In fact, since metal roofing is both an electrical conductor and a noncombustible material, it creates a conductive surface so that the threat of fire and explosion is actually reduced.
- The solar reflectivity and subsequent energy efficiency of prepainted metal roofing has been confirmed in studies done by Florida Solar Energy Center, Florida Power and Light, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and other independent organizations. Energy savings as high as 20% have been reported.
- There are two general categories of metal roofing products: panels and shingles.
- There are a wide variety of metal panel shapes and configurations.
- Typically, metal shingle designs tend to simulate traditional roof coverings, such as wood shakes, asphalt shingles and clay or concrete tile.
Another consideration for your home roofing project – Metal Roof Warranties
Galaxy Builders uses name brand metal roofing materials, from manufacturers like Lyon Metal Roofing, McElroy Metal, Classic Metal Roofing Systems, and Metal Sales, and others, which provide you with long term Warranties, covering the actual roof materials. Depending on the metal roofing and related materials you select for your home roofing project, most metal roofing come with a true 30 to 50 year manufacturer warranty, and metal roofs can be re-painted for additional life. The length of our Galaxy Builders workmanship Warranty, which covers the installation portion of your Jacksonville and Northeast Florida roofing project, will provide you with the peace of mind that lasts year after year.