Does Your Home Need Window Replacement?
If your home has windows that are more than 15 years old, you’re probably dealing with drafts, annoying windows that stick in their frames, and higher energy bills. You also may be avoiding cleaning windows that are difficult to open and close, missing a beautiful breeze due to windows that won’t stay open, or risking safety because of windows that are damaged.
Window replacement is one of the best home remodeling projects in terms of investment return according to “Remodeling” magazine’s annual “Cost vs. Value Report.”
Read on to discover if your windows need to be replaced.
10 Signs your Old Windows Need to be Replaced:
- Poor performance- opening and closing the window is a difficult task.
- Air leaks in, out or around the window. You may feel a breeze around the edge.
- Condensation or fogging occurs on or between glass panes.
- Safety Hazard- windows are painted or nailed shut and virtually impossible to open.
- Cleaning is a major hassle and another chore being avoided.
- Windows are single pane- They are the least energy efficient and allow for the most heat transfer between inside and the outdoors.
- Replacement parts are hard to find or even non-existent.
- Continuous and multiple repairs to multiple windows that are damaged.
- Re-caulking does not fix the leak or draft.
- Noise from outdoors can be clearly heard inside, it is a sign that your current windows are outdated.
Will Insurance Cover Window Replacement?
While most insurance companies don’t cover cosmetic remodeling projects, there are cases when repair work or restoration may be covered. While this effort may be similar to a remodel, it could be covered if the circumstances warrant it. For window replacement this means that windows damaged by storms or other factors could warrant insurance coverage. To assist you with the cases that you can file insurance claims and minimize your out of pocket costs, Galaxy Builders will provide you with resources and information to ensure your window replacement project goes smoothly.
Windows are a great investment. They add value to your home, are energy-efficient, increase curb appeal, and save money on energy bills. If it is time for window replacement in your home, Galaxy Builders ensures you will enjoy the benefits from your new replacement windows.